January 8, 2016 at 3:00 PM - SEA Monthly Meeting @ Supt's Office
I. Discussion Items
1. Finance Report: See attached report
2. January-February Professional Development Programs:
January 11: Dr. JoAnne Owens-Nauslar
April 26-27 and May 23-24: APL for Certificated Staff
3. 2015-16 School Calendar Amendment: We will be asking the board of education to amend the 2nd semester school calendar to add May 23 and 24 (APL Training). We will also recommend deleting 2 days from the calendar to keep our total contract days at 185.
4. 2016-17 School Calendar: We have provided the first draft of the 2016-17 calendar with corresponding dates. Recommended changes will be made to that calendar to address problems with the current calendar or changes because of the way dates fall on the new calendar.
5. Strategic Planning Process: We will begin the final planning phase of the 2016 strategic planning process this month. Fisher's is scheduled for January 7th and Richland for January 14th. Cargill will be on January ______, and host a community leaders retreat on February 1st. The board committee will meet following these meetings and present our recommended priorities to the board for their approval on February 8th.
6. Requisition/Inventory: The ESU Coop purchasing site will open on February 1st. All ESU orders aredue on April 1st. The requisitions for items outside of the Coop Purchase will be done on the filemaker system again this year. Orders completed on the filemaker system are due on May 1st.Inventory updates are due upon checkout at the end of the school year.
7. iObservation Program: We were required in the SIG grant at the middle school to adopt a more rigorous observation/evaluation system at the middle school. The iObservation program will be for both teachers and administrators.
8. 2016-17 Contracts: The board of education approved the certificated staff master agreement on December 14th and the superintendent's contract on Monday, January 11th. The finance committee is working on the other administrators for approval at their meeting on February 8th. Program directors/coordinators will be approved on March 14th. Teacher and other certificated staff contracts will be approved on April 11th. Support staff contracts will be finalized at the board meeting on May 9th.