|January 14, 2016 at 10:00 AM - Schuyler Administration Meeting @ SMS Conference Room|
I. Discussion Items
1. Book Review Chapter 6: Marzano (School Leadership for Results) Dave Gibbons
2. Finance/Budget Review: We discussed the release of projected state aid for 2016-17 based on the current TEOSSA formula. Based on current laws, our state aid for 2016-17 will be reduced by about $200,000. Our 2015-16 state aid will have a correction of nearly $288,000, which leaves us at a net gain of 88,000. The governor has promised some changes in school finance and tax structures which will affect this release.
3. January Workshop/Building Meeting Reports: We spent some time visiting about the Monday workshop and coordination of 2nd semester activities identified by staff as high priority. The principals will be working with their staff over the next month to narrow their priorities and implement the protocol to changing student/staff behaviors.
4. Principals/Directors Contracts for 2016-2017: The finance committee met with Dr. Hoesing on Wednesday evening to review the comparability information on principals and directors. Dr. Hoesing will visit with each administrator about their 2016-17 contract over the next week. Principal and Director contracts will be approved at the February meeting.
5. Strategic Planning Update: We have our final building meeting at Richland on Thursday evening. We do not have a date confirmed with Cargill, but have confirmed their interest in allowing us to meet with 3-first shift groups and 3-second shift groups. The community leaders meeting has been scheduled for Monday, February 1st.
6. Board Sub-Committee meetings: Policy, Americanism, Board Governance: 1st Monday of the Month @ 1:00 PM Building/Grounds and Transportation, Budget and Finance. Principals are not required to attend every meeting, but the agendas will be posted on the meeting site and all are welcome to attend if possible.