|February 8, 2016 at 1:00 PM - Americanism, Curriculum, Planning, and Policy Committees|
I. Discussion Items
These committee meetings will include topics specific to the three board committees: 1) Americanism, Curriculum, Assessment, and Instruction 2) Board governance, public relations, technology and planning 3) Board policy, handbooks and support programs.
1. Laptop Computers: The board computers are setup. Someone from the tech dept. will be there to work with board members.
2. 2016-17 School Calendar: Review 2016-17 calendar with coordinating dates. The administrators reviewed this calendar and have a second level of input for the board committee to consider. After discussion with the board committee, the building reps will review recommended changes. The board committee will meet again in March to finalize their recommendation for board approval at the regular March board meeting.
3. Curriculum: Review 2016 textbook cycle and curriculum alignment.
4. Governance: Review strategic planning process and assign 2016 initiatives to board committees for oversight.
5. 2016-17 Staffing Considerations: Review current and new programs/staffing considerations and timelines for recommendations.