|February 25, 2016 at 2:00 PM - Food Service Staff @ SCHS Library Annex|
I. Discussion Items
1. February Finance Report: We visited about the current food service budget and cash balance. Jeff Andel will run copies of the report if you would like one.
2. 2016 Building/Maintenance Requests: Please visit with Jeff Andel about any items that need to be repaired or replaced for the 2016-17 school year. Jeff will work with Ron Mundil to make sure this gets on his report for board approval in March.
3. Salary/Benefits for 2016-17: There is a change in the health insurance benefit plan for the 2016-17 school year. The deductibles have been increased in our new plan from $750 to $900 deductible. We will also offer a high deductible insurance policy with the option of a health care savings plan. We will have a representative from Blue Cross/Blue Shield here to explain the benefits of each plan.
4. Workman's Comp and Safety Training: You are required to complete a minimum of 3 training videos each semester from the EMS safety program. We have had several workman's comp. claims recently and you need to make sure you are taking precaution to protect yourself and others from workplace injury. If there are items that are heavy, you need to break the items down to a manageable size, ask for assistance, and/or wear a belt when lifting or moving these items. If there are spills or water areas, we need to place a caution sign and wipe up the area as soon as possible to avoid unnecessary slips. When coming in from the outside, you need to make sure you are aware of possible ice or water on your shoes before stepping onto a tile floor. While we cannot affect your employment for filing workman's comp. claims, we can review the number and frequency of claims due to lack of caution on your part.
5. Gravel/Rock Parking lots and driveways: We realize that gravel and rock parking lots and driveways get difficult during the winter months. We have numerous requests from staff to haul in rock and gravel, but Ronnie Mundil and Chuck Misek are in agreement that while we are concerned with the condition of these areas, we will do our best to grade these areas and put new material down once we are through the snow season.
6. 2016-17 Requisition Timeline: Jeff Andel is responsible for approving food service requisition requests. This year we want the head of each kitchen to work with Sally on accessing the coop website and submitting your requests to Jeff. He will use the coop purchasing program this year in his requisition for the 2016-17 food service program. Coop orders are due on April 1, 2016.
7. Summer Workforce and vacation leave: If you want to work during the summer months, we will have jobs in food service, maintenance, and summer school classroom para support if you are interested. Remember, you can carry 5 days of vacation to next school year. PTO, however, converts to sick leave if not used and accumulates to a maximum of 50 days.