|March 31, 2016 at 2:00 PM - Food Service Staff @ SCHS Library Annex|
I. Discussion Items
Rationale: 1. Finance Report: See attached report.
2. 2015-16 Support staff Recognition: The Schuyler Foundation and Chamber of Commerce will be recognizing an outstanding support staff member (food service, custodial/maintenance, administrative assistant) along with the outstanding teacher and para-educator recognition program. This person will be recognized along with the teacher and para-educator of the year on May 19th.
3. 2016-17 Contracts: The board of education is reviewing the support staff salary schedule and support staff contracts for the 2016-17 school year. The board of education will review salary increases set last year for the 2015-16, 2016-17, and 2017-18 school years. The board's finance committee will finalize any changes to this schedule and will take action on support staff contracts in May.
4. Summer School/Food Service Programs: Please make sure you contact your principal or Dave Gibbons if you are interested in summer work. We will be offering summer contracts on April 11th.
5. Future Purchasing Considerations: The food service program needs to be taking advantage of the coop and fmp requisition programs. There is considerable savings in these programs and reduced or waived shipping costs.
6. 2016-17 Meal Rates: Student handbooks are to be adopted at the June Board Meeting. In order for meal prices to be included in these handbooks, we will need to set the meal prices for 2016-17 in May.