|April 28, 2016 at 2:00 PM - Food Service Staff @ SCHS Library Annex|
I. Discussion Items
1. Budget and Finance: See enclosed finance report.
5. APL Workshops: Thanks to those who assisted in setting up and serving food/snacks for the APL workshops this week. We will be hosting the final two days on May 23-24. Dave Gibbons will work with you know how to setup the two gyms at SES.
6. SMS Sanitary Sewer Replacement: The new sanitary sewer line to 9th street will be completed this summer. I will know more after our construction meeting on May 2nd about the timeline for project completion.
7. Workplace Safety: We have a dramatic increase in our workman's compensation premium for the 2016-17 school year. This is based on claims filed in this current school year. Workplace safety is EVERYONE'S responsibility. We ask all employees to participate in the EMC safety education program and continue to work at reducing workplace injury. We are now required to implement the EMC "Return to Work" protocol for all workplace injury claims. Please make sure you are doing your part to maintain an accident free workplace.
8. End of Year Meeting: We have an ALL staff end of year meeting scheduled for Thursday, May 19th at 8:00 AM. All staff are invited to attend. We will have coffee and rolls for that morning meeting. We will order the donuts/rolls.
9. BC/BS Health Insurance Update: We will be offering two deductible options for your health insurance plan for the 2016-17 school year. The current $750 deductible will increase to $900 with a similar maximum out-of-pocket costs. The HSA eligible option requires the board of education to put the premium savings into a health care savings plan that stays with the employee. Sue Warner from Blue Cross will be here on May 23rd at 2:30 to further explain the benefits and answer questions about each plan.
10. Life and Long Term Disability Plan: We are considering changing our life and disability insurance plans for the 2016-17 school year. The new life insurance plan offers better options for expanding life insurance amounts and coverage for employees and their family members. The disability plan also provides better coverage and consolidates the short and long term plans under one plan. In addition, we are recommending moving to VSP Direct to improve our coverage and lower costs to our employees. Steve Ott from National Insurance will be here on May 24th at 2:30 to answer questions about these changes.