|April 29, 2016 at 2:45 PM - Support Staff Monthly Meeting@ SES Music Room|
I. Discussion Items
1. Budget and Finance: See enclosed finance report.
5. Workplace Safety: We have a dramatic increase in our workman's compensation premium for the 2016-17 school year. This is based on claims filed in this current school year. Workplace safety is EVERYONE'S responsibility. We ask all employees to participate in the EMC safety education program and continue to work at reducing workplace injury. We are now required to implement the EMC "Return to Work" protocol for all workplace injury claims. Please make sure you are doing your part to maintain an accident free workplace.
6. End of Year Meeting: We have an ALL staff end of year meeting scheduled for Thursday, May 19th at 8:00 AM. In the past we presented longevity awards in the fall. We will be doing all retirement and longevity awards on May 19th. All staff are invited to attend. We will have coffee and rolls for that morning meeting.
7. BC/BS Health Insurance Update: We will be offering two deductible options for your health insurance plan for the 2016-17 school year. The current $750 deductible will increase to $900. The HSA eligible option requires the board of education to put the premium savings into a health care savings plan that stays with the employee. Sue Warner from Blue Cross will be here on May 23rd at 2:30 to further explain the benefits and answer questions about each plan.
8. Life and Long Term Disability Plan: We are considering changing our life and disability insurance plans for the 2016-17 school year. The new life insurance plan offers better options for expanding life insurance amounts and coverage for employees and their family members. The disability plan also provides better coverage and consolidates the short and long term plans under one plan. In addition, we are recommending moving to VSP Direct to improve our coverage and lower costs to our employees. Steve Ott from National Insurance will be here on May 24th at 2:30 to answer questions about these changes.