|August 4, 2016 at 9:00 AM - Schuyler Administration Meeting @ SMS SPED Office|
I. Discussion Items
1. School Opening Workshop Schedule: Review the pre-opening workshop schedule.
8. Board Policy Updates: The board of education approved first reading of the new policy recommendations in July. I just received two more policy updates that will be on the August agenda. Please review the updated policies and make sure they are not in conflict with your handbook. If necessary, you will have to amend your handbooks in September to be in compliance with the new policies.
9. Safety and Suicide Prevention Requirement: We are required to provide suicide prevention training and workshops again this school year. In addition, we are also required to comply with the new safety requirements. The Nebraska Department of Education was ordered to visit every school in the state and provide a report to the legislature on the status of safety compliance across the state. One of the requirements includes mentoring and student/adult connections!!! Mr. Gibbons and I will provide more information as we receive it.
10. 2016-17 Extra-Curricular Supervision Assignments: Jim Kasik has been working on the extra-duty supervision schedule. We will not be sending an administrator to supervise and provide crowd control for golf meets. We will be reducing the number of administrators required for home contests and will try to assign you to the building you are associated with. Remember, in addition to evening supervision, all members of the administrative team are required to supervise 40 hours of non-contract days. Once you have reached 40 hours, we will be paid at the rate outlined in the Certificated Staff Master Agreement ($20 per hour)
11. Student Fees Requirement: See forms for student fees.
12. School Fund Raising Guidelines: Last year board members requested we do a better job of managing the fundraising events associated with the school or school teams. I recommend we use a form for all staff and any outside groups wanting to raise money for school programs. Discussion????
13. Administration Reading List for 2016-17: We will begin our professional development reading program in September. If you have a book you would like to suggest, please get it to me by September 1st.