|August 18, 2016 at 9:00 AM - Schuyler Administration Meeting @ SPED Office|
I. Discussion Items
1. Soccer Challenge: Tom Healy will be here to visit with us about the "soccer challenge". August 28th at 2:00. Boys and girls from ages 9-14 are welcome to participate. Each student is given 15 penalty kicks. Marv will take care of setting up for the event. Tom is requesting support for preregistration. The elementary will take distribute information in both English and Spanish. They will also put posters up around the elementary and middle school buildings. Registrations are due Friday, August 26th.
2. Activity Account Management: Each one of us has been assigned to supervision of school activities. If you are the one in charge of the activity, this involves managing the gate and concession money following the event. Sally will be in attendance to review the money box process for activities.
3. Support Staff Program Review: Food Service, Custodial, para-educators, etc... We will discuss the principals' role in managing the staff and these programs in your building. Ron Mundil and Jeff Andel are the directors of these programs, but administrators are responsible for the programs and staff in your building. Mr. Gibbons will also work with you on meeting your workman's comp. and safety requirements for the 2016-17 school year.
4. Hiring Process: We need to improve our hiring process and information provided to the district office following a new hire recommendation. We will be using a common format and review salary schedule and benefit placements.
5. Friday Substitute Teacher Pay: Our regular substitute teacher pay for a full day is $128 ($16 per hour). 1:30 Friday dismissal will be paid at $100 per day if they do not stay until regular teacher dismissal.
6. Field Trips: This item has been requested for discussion in our meeting. Our practice is to support field trips in the elementary, usually, one per year per class unless included in a grant, activity, etc...
7. Special Education: See attached information.
8.. Mentor Training Dates: Administrators from the middle school and high school will be working on mentor training dates.
9. Professional Reading: We will begin our study in September. I need to know if you prefer your book on Kindle or paper.