|September 16, 2016 at 3:00 PM - SEA Reps Meeting @ Superintendent's Office|
I. Discussion Items
1. Finance/Budget Report: See attached budget and finance reports.
3. Portal: Transportation and conference registrations are managed through the transportation portal this year. Please make sure you get yourself registered and approved in advance.
5. Professional Development: Thank you for your efforts to reduce the number of PTO requests in conjunction with professional development. We have worked hard to provide quality professional development for teachers in this district and need to have everyone involved. The board of education brought this issue to be resolved in negotiations last year. I appreciate your efforts to protect professional development days and encourage teacher attendance at each of these opportunities.
6. Fall Technology Fair: The fall technology fair is scheduled over the Parent-Teacher Conference in October. High school students will be in attendance along side PT Conferences on Wednesday. Staff workshops are scheduled for Thursday, October 13th.
7. Safety Surveys: Your principals have been given the new safety manuals for each building. We are conducting a follow-up safety inspection and will have a NDE visitation this year.
8. Buildings and Grounds: Phase III of the preschool project is nearly completed. The Homestead Center is open and traffic is picking up. Work on the High School West Lobby and trophy cases were completed last summer. We held the ribbon cutting for the new field house at the middle school on Monday, Sept 5th. We are hoping to use at least the field portion next Monday.
9. Strategic Plan Update: We will be finalizing our progress reports on the district strategic plan during the month of October. We are scheduled to revisit the plan as a staff/community in November.