|September 22, 2016 at 9:15 AM - Schuyler Administration Meeting @ SPED Office|
I. Discussion Items
1. Book Review: The Flip Side
2. Title I Reminders: Dave will distribute a handout for principals to remind them what we need to be doing for Title 1 this year.
3. Enrolling/De-enrolling students. At what point to we de-enroll students? This will become especially important with ACT testing at the high school. As it looks now, we will have one day to test and one day for make-ups. If a student is absent for both of those days, we run the risk of being under 95%.
4. Maintenance and Cleaning Standards: At our maintenance/custodial meeting yesterday, administrators shared their concern for cleaning standards and schedules. The district addressed this issue four years ago and adopted cleaning standards for all buildings across the district. As far as schedules and assignments, these are left to the building principals to work out with your head of maintenance in your building. See attached information.
5. Substitute Employees: Discussion about substitutes hired in the district. (Nurses, NENTA, etc..)
6. NeSA Test Score Summary: See attached information.
7. Parent-Teacher Conferences and Tech Fair: Discussion on progress on scheduling these two events.
8. Discovery Ed. Launch: The main purpose of the Launch event is to get the staff excited and motivated for their upcoming journey with Discovery Ed. DE consultants will be on hand to ensure that staff understand the concept and what DE has to offer in the partnership. They will also have a keynote speaker from Brad Felton titled Technology and Today's Kids. That will be followed up with three stations where staff can engage in some learning activities, the SAMR Model and take a Kahoot quiz.
9. Facilities update: Discuss progress on the preschool, field house, Fisher's, and high school classroom addition plans.
10. EMC Safety Video Requirement: Mr. Gibbons will update us on this program.