|September 22, 2016 at 2:00 PM - Food Service Staff @ SCHS Library Annex|
I. Discussion Items
1. Finance/Budget Report: See attached budget and finance reports.
3. School Lunch: Remember, adults CANNOT charge meals in the program. Support staff has done a much better job of keeping negative balances under $5.00. We cannot refuse a lunch to a student who qualifies for free lunch, but they are not allowed additional charges. Any other student who has a negative balance can go through the lunch line, but cannot receive a reimbursable meal. NO STUDENT will be turned away from participation in our food service program.
4. Buildings and Grounds: Phase III of the preschool project is nearly completed. The Homestead Center is open and traffic is picking up. Work on the High School West Lobby and trophy cases were completed last summer. We held the ribbon cutting for the new field house at the middle school on Monday, Sept 5th. The field turf is completed and we have several people beginning the cleanup of that installation. The basketball and volleyball courts are still up in the air for completion pending the concrete moisture content results.
5. Transportation: If you need a vehicle or need to register to attend a meeting outside the district, please make sure you complete your request in the filemaker system. If you have any questions, please contact either Sally Jakub or Renee Brabec.
6. Fall Technology Fair: The fall technology fair is scheduled over the Parent-Teacher Conference in October. High school students will be in attendance along side PT Conferences on Wednesday, October 12th. Staff workshops are scheduled for Thursday, October 13th.
7. Safety Surveys: Your principals have been given the new safety manuals for each building. We are conducting a follow-up safety inspection and will have a NDE visitation this year. Nesbitt and Associates will be conducting a follow-up safety inspection early this fall to see if we have corrected areas of concern from the 2015-16 study.
8. Strategic Plan Update: We will be finalizing our progress reports on the district strategic plan during the month of October. We are scheduled to revisit the plan as a staff/community in November.
9. Salary and Benefit Schedule: We will be offering on open enrollment period for changing insurance programs beginning in January 2017. This dual option allows employees to elect to participate in a high deductible ($3,500) and use the premium savings to enroll in a healthcare savings account. We will let you know when the representative from Blue Cross will be here to answer any questions you may have.
Additional Items Discussed
1. Air Conditioning at SES/SMS Kitchens: Concern about the heat in the kitchen, condensation on cooler doors, need for vent hood ventilation.
2. Lunch Schedule at SMS: Concern about the time between lunch shifts and availability of utensils needing to be washed between shifts.
3. SMS Salad Bar: Questions concerning when the new salad bar would be arriving.
4. Staff pay summer workshops: Discussion about the past practice of staff pay when attending summer workshops. We agreed that the summer workshops should be paid up to 8 hours per day just like workshops during the regular school year.
5. SES Freight Storage: Discussion about the additional freight at SES and storage space needed to accommodate the additional freight.