|December 6, 2016 at 9:00 AM - Schuyler Administration Meeting @ SPED Office|
I. Discussion Items
1. Book Review: Enjoy the Ride (Chapters 3-4)
2. Strategic Planning Parent Meetings: Thank you to the building level administration for hosting your parent strategic planning meetings. Discuss highlights of your meetings and recommendations for changes in the future.
3. Cargill Parent/Community Meeting Translators: Thanks Dave Gibbons for putting the Google Form together for translators needed for the Cargill Meetings. I will need 5 translators for each session.
4. Teacher Early Retirement and Housing Meetings: Due to the State One-Act Play Contest, I will host the teacher early retirement meeting (teachers 55 and older) on Wednesday, December 21st at 1:45 and the Housing Meeting at 2:30 PM. Both meetings will be at the SCHS Library Annex.
5. Capturing Kids Hearts Workshop in DesMoines, IA: Rose Jones has offered to allow a group of teachers/administrators an opportunity to be their guest at an upcoming CKH in Des Moines, Iowa on Dec 13 & 14. The training is at capacity and our corporate office has asked me to get specific names plugged in for the spots on hold? We requested slots for our MS principal/counselor/teachers and the rural elementary school people possibly attending. If you could send me a list at your earliest convenience; I can get everyone registered and the confirmation letters sent. If we want to send some people from our district, we need to have Dave get her the names as soon as possible.
6. APL Workshops: Elementary refresher is scheduled for April 12th. Middle/high school refresher is scheduled for April 13th. Coaching/Director/Sponsor workshop scheduled for April 12th.7. Friday SCHS Early Dismissal: The high school will be dismissing at 12:00 on Friday to allow their kids/staff/parents time to attend the State One-Act Play Competition in Norfolk. Staff not planning on attending the competition will be required to stay until regular dismissal time. If you have parents in your building wanting to attend, they will be allowed to attend without having to take personal time. If you have a staff member you are releasing to go, make sure you let Mr. Grammer know and he will assist with staff attendance. Also, if you need a sub for your last hour, please let Mr. Grammer know and he will see if he can assign a teacher from his building to that job. We also discussed that support staff members attending the competition will be excused to attend. They can take either PTO leave with pay, or an afternoon without pay to attend the play.