|February 3, 2017 at 3:00 PM - SEA Reps Meeting @ Superintendent's Office|
I. Discussion Items
1. Finance Report: See attached report.
2. 2016-17 School Calendar Amendment: We will be asking the board of education to amend the 2nd semester school calendar to accommodate APL Training refresher and coaches/sponsor training contracted for April 12th and 13th.
3. 2017-2018 School Calendar: We have provided the 2nd draft of the 2017-18 calendar with corresponding dates. We made changes to the first semester parent teacher conference to address supervision concerns for the Tech Fair on Wednesday. We also changed the schedule for staff work days at the beginning of the year to accommodate Capturing Kids Hearts training for the elementary and middle school staff. Please review the calendar and get input from your building on any other changes. We will visit again prior to the board adopting the calendar in March.
6. Salary/Benefits for 2017-18: There is a change in the health insurance benefit plan for the 2017-18 school year. The deductibles have been increased in our new plan from $900 to $1,000 deductible.
7. Summer Workforce and vacation leave: If you want to work during the summer months, we will have jobs in food service, maintenance, and summer school classroom para support if you are interested.8. Strategic Planning: The board of education is in the process of sorting ideas from parents, community, and staff on the 2017 planning priorities.