|February 7, 2017 at 9:00 AM - Schuyler Administration Meeting @ SPED Office|
I. Discussion Items
1. Book Discussion: You Win in the Locker Room First (Jim and Jesse) (Chapter 1-2)
2. 2017 Strategic Plan and 2017-18 Calendar Update: The SEA met last week and reviewed the calendar and strategic plan proposal. Please make sure you schedule time to review both the calendar and strategic plan documents with both your certified and support staff in your building. Final recommendations will be due March 1st.
3. Teacher Resignations: We currently have two resignations open and will advertise these two positions after the board meeting on Monday. Both resignations are at the high school building (Social Studies and Language Arts). Both positions include extra-duty assignments. We will also be moving Liz Mallory to the rural schools and will fill her vacant position at SES with a full-time special education teacher.
4. Buildings and Grounds: Ron Mundil is in the process of finalizing his 2017 recommendations for each building. Please make sure you review recommendations in the system. If you have any questions, please work with Ron to make changes or additions to his program. Every building should have something on the schedule.
5. Field House and Rec. Programs: Thank you and your staff for your work with youth recreation programs and operating the extended hours in the field house. Discussion about current concerns and/or needs and recommendations on future considerations.
6. Coop Requisitions: The ESU Coop Catalog will be open on February 20th. Coop orders are due April 1st. Jeff Droge will be sending out information to you and your staff as soon as we get the information. As we move into requisition season, we need to control purchasing for this school year. The more we come in under budget, the less we cut in next year's budget.
7. Summer School Program: Mr. Gibbons will begin working with building principals on staffing and programs for the summer school programs. Program recommendations and scheduling of buildings must be in to Mr. Gibbons by March 1st with the goal of completing summer staffing by April 15th.
8. APL Training on April 12-13: Building principals will need to work with Mr. Gibbons on the schedule for APL Workshops on April 12th and 13th. When not scheduled for workshops, building principals are responsible for scheduling staff work time, meetings, etc...
9. Fred Arnold/NETAA Conference - April 20th: Middle and high school students will not be in session on April 20th. High school staff and those not attending the NETA Conference are expected to work the track meet.