|February 28, 2017 at 9:00 AM - Schuyler Administration Meeting @ SPED Office|
I. Discussion Items
Respect - Responsibility - Effort
1. Book Review: You Win in the Locker Room First: (Chapter 6)
2. Buildings and Grounds: The new high school addition will be going out for bids this week. We have scheduled a pre-bid meeting today, February 28th and bids are due Thursday, March 9th. The board will take action to award bids on March 20th.
3. Building Updates: Ron Mundil is finalizing the recommended building improvements for the summer of 2017. You will need to go on to the filemaker portal and review these recommendations for your building.
4. Staff Resignations: If you had a staff member resign from your building, you are responsible for getting hiring information to Shelley so my office can advertise the opening. If you choose to move staff within your building to cover the vacancy, you must discuss this with the superintendent before making the transfer. If you have a teacher from another building request consideration for a transfer, you must visit with the current building principal prior to making any commitments to the current employee. We are finalizing information for the new staff folder. Please review and make recommended changes before March 1st.
5. Job Descriptions: Thank you to the principals who sent me any job descriptions from your office. Please have all job descriptions for your office or your position or you will have to start writing from scratch. All job descriptions are due to me by March 1st. My goal is to have all job descriptions updated and tied to evaluation instruments for board adoption in June.
6. NABE Conference: Mr. Gibbons and I attended the NABE conference. Mr. Gibbons did a nice job of summarizing highlights from the conference and strategies for Dual Language Program consideration in the future.
7. Strategic Plan: Please review your strategic plan recommendations and discuss these with your staff. Please make sure you are comfortable with the due dates and have some idea of how you are going to show improvement or documentation of completion or progress.
8. Requisitions: The Coop Catalog opens on February 20th. Deadline for Coop orders is April 1st. NO EXCEPTIONS. You will have one week to review after April 1st. Superintendent's office staff will have one week to review and aggregate the orders after that.
9. 2017-18 Calendar: The SEA met on February 23rd and will be providing recommendations for calendar changes for 2017-18 to their building principals. Please make sure you visit with your SEA building representative about any concerns or calendar recommendations.