I. Discussion Items
Respect - Responsibility - Effort
Book Review: "Hide Your Goat" (Chapter 1)
1. 2017-18 Staff Hiring: Thank you for your work on securing a quality teaching staff for 2017-18.
2. Extra-Duty Contracts: Teaching contracts are approved at the April 10th board meeting. Extra-duty contracts are approved on May 8th. Activities Directors are responsible for working with the Superintendent on these assignments. AD's are to work with building principals on all extra-duty assignments including non-athletic extra-duty assignments. I will set a time for the AD's to meet with me in late April to review your recommendations.
3. Support Staff Contracts: Support staff contracts are approved by the board in their meeting on May 8th. As we progress in our certified staff hiring process, we will be discussing support staff assignments in your building and any changes to your staffing needs within your building.
4. 2017-18 Teacher Requisitions: I am planning on scheduling a time for all district administrators to come together to review the coop requisitions as a group. After three years in the district, I am still not confident in our process for reviewing and approving requisitions. I know principals and directors are busy in your jobs and those items that are not in your line of fire may sometimes take a back seat. I need for you to understand the dollars spent in this next year's budget need to be prioritized. I will set a date with Sally (April 3) to have the coop order organized and ready for our review. Plan for a minimum of 2 hours for this review.
5. APL Training Focus: We have an opportunity to focus our APL Refresher Training. This one-day training is intended to assist administration on promoting the most essential classroom strategies needed to promote improved instructional practices in your building. We will break our teacher training by buildings (Elementary and SMS/SCHS) We also have a morning for para-educators and a day for coaching/sponsors/directors) It is up to you as administrators to provide as much guidance as possible for us to get the biggest bang for our buck. Please work with Mr. Gibbons on the schedule and focus for this event.
7. Professional Files: The teacher professional files must be updated annually. Your Office manager is responsible for keeping these files updated. Building/Program administrators are responsible for assisting the Office Manager in keeping these files current. Also, please make sure your new hire folders have all required documents.
10. 2017-18 Handbook Changes: Begin working with your staff on handbook updates and changes for the 2017-18 school year. These must be ready for board approval in June. Any changes to your handbook to coincide with changes from this legislative session or new policy adoption will need to happen in July, due to the 90 day session.