|August 22, 2017 at 9:30 AM - SAA Weekly Meeting|
I. Discussion Items
Respect - Responsibility - Effort
1. Book Review: "Culture, Poverty, and Education" Last spring we purchased the book and assigned chapters.
Poverty, Culture, Education: Present in our District
* Language, Education, Position, Gender, Wealth, Clothing, Age, Race, Job, Experience,
2. Lunch Program: As of September 1st, all negative lunch balances remaining from 2016-17 for free/reduced lunches will be eliminated.
3. Bus Program: Discuss any questions or concerns with the morning and afternoon bus route schedules.
4. Monthly District Program Meetings: 2:00 PM
Sept. 22nd: SEA @ Supt. Office
Sept. 27th: Custodial/transportation @ SCHS Library Annex
Sept 28th: Food Service Staff @ SCHS Library Annex
Sept 29th: Para/Office Support Staff @ SCHS Library Annex/SES Music Room
5. Safety Update: We ordered 30 more emergency wall flip charts. If you have any extra flip charts please let us know. Paula is the SMS rep, and Lynn is the SCHS rep. SES needs to appoint a new building rep to replace Melissa. Also, any room that has a curtain or paper covering the safety glass in the door or in the safety glass transit next to the door has to remove it. Nesbitt and Associates is scheduled to do a required safety inspection within the next month.
6. 6-12 Resource Officer and Behavioral Mental Health Counselor: Discuss questions and concerns about the two grant supported positions in place at SMS and SCHS.
7. Para-Educator Conference: If you are sending para-educators to the para-education conference this year, please make sure you put the registration in vehicle tracks and Sally will register your people. If you have already registered your people, please see Sally as soon as possible to get this straightened out.
8. Health Care Savings Account: See attached information.
9. Teacher Evaluation Instrument: (Dr. Gibbons) Training on the teacher evaluation system. Also discussion about the support staff and extra-duty evaluation documents.