|August 29, 2017 at 9:30 AM - SAA Weekly Meeting|
I. Discussion Items
Respect - Responsibility - Effort
1. Book Review: "Culture, Poverty, and Education" Chapters 4-7.
2. Lunch Program: As of September 1st, all negative lunch balances remaining from 2016-17 for free/reduced lunches will be eliminated.
3. Bus Program: Discuss any questions or concerns with the morning and afternoon bus route schedules.
4. Monthly District Program Meetings: 2:00 PM
Sept. 22nd: SEA @ Supt. Office
Sept. 27th: Custodial/transportation @ SCHS Library Annex
Sept 28th: Food Service Staff @ SCHS Library Annex
Sept 29th: Para/Office Support Staff @ SCHS Library Annex/SES Music Room
5. Para-Educator Conference: If you are sending para-educators to the para-education conference this year, please make sure you put the registration in vehicle tracks and Sally will register your people. If you have already registered your people, please see Sally as soon as possible to get this straightened out.
6. Conference Meeting: Conference meeting scheduled for Wednesday, August 30th at York Country Club. Thanks Jim for reserving a vehicle. Departure time???
7. September Board Reports: Board reports for the September board meeting are DUE on Wednesday, September 6th.
8. NebraskARTS Award: Our district has been nominated for the Nebraskans for the ARTS Award. There are two schools nominated this year (Schuyler and Seward). We have to complete the application and send some letters of support. Our middle school will film the event at the Capital in Lincoln on October 18th at 10:00 AM. We will also have some groups performing. The dance team has agreed to perform and a small music group TBA. At the ceremony, they will announce the Nebraska Arts School winner.
9. Field Trips: Remember, we schedule field trips within the regular school day. With the 3 regular routes before and after school, any requested trips outside of the regular day need approval.