|September 5, 2017 at 9:30 AM - SAA Weekly Meeting|
I. Discussion Items
Respect - Responsibility - Effort
1. Book Review: "Culture, Poverty, and Education" Chapters 7-8.
2. Monthly District Program Meetings: 2:00 PM
Sept. 22nd: SEA @ Supt. Office
Sept. 27th: Custodial/transportation @ SCHS Library Annex
Sept 28th: Food Service Staff @ SCHS Library Annex
Sept 29th: Para/Office Support Staff @ SCHS Library Annex/SES Music Room
3. Para-Educator Conference: If you are sending para-educators to the para-education conference this year, please make sure you put the registration in vehicle tracks and Sally will register your people. If you have already registered your people, please see Sally as soon as possible to get this straightened out.
4. September Board Reports: Board reports for the September board meeting are DUE on Wednesday, September 6th.
5. NebraskARTS Award: Our district has been nominated for the Nebraskans for the ARTS Award. There are two schools nominated this year (Schuyler and Seward). We have to complete the application and send some letters of support. Our middle school will film the event at the Capital in Lincoln on October 18th at 10:00 AM. We will also have some groups performing. The dance team has agreed to perform and a small music group TBA. At the ceremony, they will announce the Nebraska Arts School winner.
6. Field Trips: Reminder, we schedule field trips within the regular school day. With the 3 regular routes before and after school, any requested trips outside of the regular day need approval.
7. Inventory: The inventory program for 2017-18 updates will be open on Monday, Sept. 11th. Staff will have until October 2nd to update their inventory with new items purchased for the 2017-18 school year.