|October 3, 2017 at 9:30 AM - SAA Weekly Meeting|
I. Discussion Items
Respect - Responsibility - Effort
1. Book Review: "Grit to Great" Chapters 5-6.
2. Building and Grounds: Starting October 1st, you can begin the 2018 building and grounds recommendations in the "fix it" program.
3. Monthly District Program Meetings: 2:00 PM
Sept. 27th: Custodial/transportation @ SCHS Library Annex
Sept 29th: Para/Office Support Staff @ SCHS Library Annex
Para/Office Support Staff @ SES Music Room
Oct 3rd: Food Service Staff @ SCHS Library Annex
Oct 6th: SEA @ Supt. Office
4. NebraskARTS Award: Our district has been nominated for the Nebraskans for the ARTS Award. There are two schools nominated this year (Schuyler and Seward). We need to finalize our performing groups and the students/staff selected to attend the event. They have room to seat 100 from each district, but they said they could accommodate more with available standing room. We need to let the selection committee know the number of people in attendance and the highlighted performing groups.
5. First Quarter Outstanding Staff: Principals met on Monday, October 2nd to review their building recommendations with Foundation and Chamber members. Staff will be recognized on Thursday, October 12th.
6. 2017 Tech Fair: Tech Fair is scheduled for Wednesday, October 11th (SCHS Students/Staff) Thursday, October 12th (SCS Staff). All staff required to attend Thursday morning staff recognition coffee.
7. First Quarter Conferences: The high school will host on Tuesday only. Middle and elementary schools will host on Tuesday evening and Wednesday from 8:00 to 4:00.
8. Safety Inspection: Our annual safety inspection through Nesbitt and Associates is scheduled for October 18th. Lloyd will be here at 10:00 AM to start the inspection. The printer should have our quick reference guides completed as well by then and he will bring those when he comes.
9. Strategic Planning Update: Discuss 2017 strategic planning updates.
10. Inventory: The inventory program for 2017-18 updates is open. Staff will have until October 9th to update their inventory with new items purchased for the 2017-18 school year.
11. Technology: There will be several sessions highlighting the use of twitter, facebook, snapchat, etc... and the unintended consequences often associated with their use. If you become aware of something inappropriate, make sure you share your concerns with the superintendent. If necessary we will enlist the assistance of the technology department to improve safety for all our students.