|October 16, 2017 at 9:30 AM - SAA Weekly Meeting|
I. Discussion Items
Respect - Responsibility - Effort
1. Book Review: "Grit to Great" Chapter 8.
2. First Quarter Conferences: Review 1st Quarter PT Conference schedule and parent participation at each building.
3. Open House: Thank you to the staff and administrators who participated in the Open House for the high school new addition. We have a few items to complete inside the building over the next few weeks and have started work on the parking lot and sidewalks on the east side of the building.
4. 2017 Tech Fair: Review Tech Fair: Wednesday, October 11th (SCHS Students/Staff) Thursday, October 12th (SCS Staff).
3. NebraskARTS Award: Our district has been nominated for the Nebraskans for the ARTS Award. There are two schools nominated this year (Schuyler and Seward). Thank you to those teachers and administrators that have made arrangements for students and staff to attend the ceremony in Lincoln.
7. Safety Inspection: Our annual safety inspection through Nesbitt and Associates is scheduled for October 18th. Lloyd will be here at 10:00 AM to start the inspection. The printer should have our quick reference guides completed as well by then and he will bring those when he comes.
2. Building and Grounds: The 2018 building and grounds recommendations should be reviewed over the next month. I will meet with Ron Mundil to try to finalize your recommendations in December for board approval in February 2018.
8. Strategic Planning Update: Discuss 2017 strategic planning updates. See information.