|November 3, 2017 at 2:45 PM - Support Staff Meeting|
I. Discussion Items
1. Finance/Budget Report: See attached budget and finance reports.
3. Outstanding Employee Recognition: Congratulations to Michelle Shonka (Para-Educator) and Matt Wachel (Maintenance/Custodian) on 1st Quarter Outstanding Employee Recognition. 2nd Quarter nominations are due December 12, 2017 and will be presented on January 3rd. Please take time to recognize your fellow colleagues.
4. Fall Technology Fair: Thanks to any employees who assisted with the Technology Fair and/or attended sessions.
5. High School Addition: We moved into the new high school addition on October 10th. The new addition houses 6 language arts classrooms and a music room. We are currently working on completion of the sidewalks and parking lot on the east side of the high school building.
6. Strategic Plan Update: We are finalizing our 2017 progress reports and recommendations for 2018 for the district strategic plan. We are scheduled to revisit the plan as a staff/community on the morning of November 22nd.
7. Health Screens: We will be hosting health screens again on the morning of the strategic planning meeting. These health screens are free to all employees and their spouse as long as you have an insurance card through the school or other employer. You must sign up by Friday, November 10th. If you have any questions, please contact Penny Janousek.
8. Salary Schedule: Your salary is based on your position and place on the salary schedule. If you have any suggestions for improving the salary schedule for your area, please let your principal know by Christmas break. They will present these to a board committee for consideration for the 2018-19 school year.
9. Health Insurance: We will be offering on open enrollment period for changing insurance programs beginning in January 2017. This dual option allows employees to elect to participate in a high deductible ($3,500) and use the premium savings to enroll in a healthcare savings account. Please let Penny know if you are considering moving to the higher deductible by December 1st.