|November 14, 2017 at 9:30 AM - SAA Weekly Meeting|
I. Discussion Items
Respect - Responsibility - Effort
1. Book Review: "Tribes" Pages 49-72.
2. Art Grant Program: Reminder - the guidelines for qualification are only "guidelines". If you have a teacher in your building who has more than 5 years, has a masters degree, ??? but is interested in wanting to expand their skills to incorporate more art in their teaching, Please have them apply. Diane Wolfe will need names of teachers interested in participating by November 17th. Please let Dave Gibbons know of any interested teachers.
3. 2018-19 Calendar: I gave the SEA a copy of the 2017-18 school year calendar and asked them to create an initial calendar for the 2018-19 school year. The negotiations team brought their concerns to the board that they did not have enough input on the school calendar. The board committee members told the teachers that the school calendar was not included in the Master agreement, but assured them administration would work with them on the calendar proposal.
4. Outstanding Employee Recognition: 2nd Quarter nominations are due December 12, 2017 and will be presented on January 3rd. Please take time to recognize your fellow colleagues.
5. Strategic Planning Update: Discuss 2017 strategic planning updates. Preliminary discussion and recommendations for 2018 action plans.
6. Health Screens: We will be hosting health screens again on the morning of the strategic planning meeting. The meeting is setup to allow individuals to leave for their screen, and return to give input.