January 31, 2018 at 2:00 PM - Transportation/Maintenance Staff
I. Discussion Items
1. Budget and Finance: See enclosed finance report.
2. Maintenance Report: Please make sure your are keeping up with the maintenance report in the "fix it" portal. We have some items on the list that either need to be attended to or need to be marked as completed. Thanks for your work to make this report accurate and up-to-date.
3. Buildings and Grounds: Ron Mundil and I are in the process of completing the 2018 summer projects. Please access the "fix-it" program to review recommended projects for this summer. If you have any recommendations for the board to consider, please make sure Ron Mundil has those recommendations by Wednesday, February 7th.
4. Requisitions/Inventory: COOP Requisitions are due on April 1st. Other requisitions are due May 1st, and inventory must be updated before June 1st.
5. Workman's Comp and Safety Training: You are required to complete a minimum of 3 training videos each semester from the EMS safety program. You need to make sure you are taking precaution to protect yourself and others from workplace injury. If there are items that are heavy, you need to break the items down to a manageable size, ask for assistance, and/or wear a belt when lifting or moving these items. If there are spills or water areas, we need to place a caution sign and wipe up the area as soon as possible to avoid unnecessary slips. When coming in from the outside, you need to make sure you are aware of possible ice or water on your shoes before stepping onto a tile floor. While we cannot affect your employment for filing workman's comp. claims, we can review the number and frequency of claims due to lack of caution on your part.
6. 2018-2019 Salary Schedule : The board of education is reviewing the support staff salary schedule and support staff contracts for the 2018-2019 school year. We are finalizing the area schools salary study and would like a representative from the custodial/maintenance department to be on the support staff committee to review recommended changes to the salary schedule.