February 2, 2018 at 1:45 PM - Support Staff Meeting
I. Discussion Items
1. Budget and Finance: See enclosed finance report.
2. Maintenance Report: Please make sure your are communicating with your building principal on maintenance items in your building/work area that need to be addressed. If it is a major expenditure, Ron Mundil will include that item for consideration on the 2018-19 requisition form.
3. Smarter Lunchroom Score Card: The board of education will be adopting the "Smarter Lunchroom Score Card to be used in February, March, April, and May 2018. Jaime and a principal from each building will work together to score your lunchroom. We will have a representative from the Department of Education Food Service train those responsible for completing these documents.
4. Requisitions/Inventory: COOP Requisitions are due on April 1st. Other requisitions are due May 1st, and inventory must be updated before June 1st.
5. Workman's Comp and Safety Training: You are required to complete a minimum of 3 training videos each semester from the EMS safety program. You need to make sure you are taking precaution to protect yourself and others from workplace injury. If there are items that are heavy, you need to break the items down to a manageable size, ask for assistance, and/or wear a belt when lifting or moving these items. If there are spills or water areas, we need to place a caution sign and wipe up the area as soon as possible to avoid unnecessary slips. When coming in from the outside, you need to make sure you are aware of possible ice or water on your shoes before stepping onto a tile floor. While we cannot affect your employment for filing workman's comp. claims, we can review the number and frequency of claims due to lack of caution on your part.
6. 2018-2019 Salary Schedule : The board of education is reviewing the support staff salary schedule and support staff contracts for the 2018-2019 school year. We are finalizing the area schools salary study and would like a representative from the custodial/maintenance department to be on the support staff committee to review recommended changes to the salary schedule.
7. Summer Work Programs: Please make sure you contact your principal or Dave Gibbons if you are interested in summer work. We will be offering summer contracts later in April for Board approval on May 14th.