Respect - Responsibility - Effort
1. Book Review: "Strengths Based Leadership"
2. 2018 Strategic Plan: I have updated the 2018 Strategic Plan Document. You can go in and update your progress at this time, set deadlines, add action items, and contribute notes. See 2018 Strategic Plan on the portal.
3. Extra-Duty Contracts: Teaching contracts are approved at the April 9th board meeting. Extra-duty contracts are approved on May 14th. Activities Directors are responsible for working with the Superintendent on these assignments. AD's are to work with building principals on all extra-duty assignments including non-athletic extra-duty assignments. I will set a time for the AD's to meet with me in late April to review your recommendations.
4. Support Staff Contracts: Support staff contracts are approved by the board in their meeting on May 14th. As we progress in our certified staff hiring process, we will be discussing support staff assignments in your building and any changes to your staffing needs within your building.
5. Staff Resignations: Discuss present openings/ resignations/early retirement requests across the district. Make sure you submit all staff resignations. Current resignations for Board approval in April: Natividad Marino, Kari Kracl, Morgan Schlautman, Lewis Evans, Troy Ehmke, Mike Baptiste,
6. New Staff: Make sure you submit your new hire forms so that I can create contracts for board approval in April. Evie Sintak, Brianna Orellana, Abigail Hammernik, Lilliana Hernandez,
7. 2017-18 Teacher Requisitions: Coop Requisitions are due April 1st. 2018-19 Teacher Requisitions will be due May 1st. I will set a date with Sally (April 3) to have the coop order organized and ready for our review. Plan for a minimum of 2 hours for this review.
8. Spring NeSA Testing Schedule: . Dr. Gibbons will work with building principals on the spring testing schedule.
9. Professional Files: The teacher professional files must be updated annually. Your Office manager is responsible for keeping these files updated. Building/Program administrators are responsible for assisting the Office Manager in keeping these files current. Also, please make sure your new hire folders have all required documents.
10. Summer School Staffing and Program Review: Dr. Gibbons has been working on summer school programs and staffing. See information below:
I will be hosting meetings on the K-5 Summer STEM Camp on Thursday at 7:30am in the SES library and again Friday at 7:30am in the SES Library. This is for anyone who is considering teaching in July. You only need to attend one meeting.
As a reminder, the pay for teaching is $23/hr. We are hoping to be open 14 days with students. We are planning on continuing the same structure in which we are have one section from 8:00am to 11:00am and then the next section from 12:00pm to 3:00pm. As we get more people involved, we will decide for sure.
11. Title I Plan: Building Title I plans are due to NDE March 31st. Dr. Gibbons will lead this discussion and plan for completing these plans.
12. Summer School Contracts: We also offer contracts for the June and July summer school sessions in May. We will need to finalize the list of recommended summer employees and get the contracts handed out before May 1st and back by May 7th so the board can approve these on May 14th.
13. 2017-18 Handbook Changes: Begin working with your staff on handbook updates and changes for the 2018-19 school year. These must be ready for board approval in June. Any changes to your handbook to coincide with changes from this legislative session or new policy adoption will need to happen in June.
14. SLM Training: Jaime has scheduled "Smarter Lunchroom" Management training for Wednesday, March 21st at 1:30 PM at the SCHS Library Annex. Building principals are required to be in attendance.
15. Priority Standards and Proficiency Scales: Dr. Gibbons will provide an update on progress or possible options for acquiring these scales for each building.