Respect - Responsibility - Effort
Book Review: "Strengths Based Leadership"
1. Support Staff Contracts: I distributed support staff salary information at the SAA meeting on May 1st. I plan on meeting with members of the
2. Extra-Duty Contracts: Extra-duty contracts are approved on May 14th. Activities Directors are responsible for working with the Superintendent on these assignments. AD's are to work with building principals on all extra-duty assignments including non-athletic extra-duty assignments. I will set a time for the AD's to meet with me in late April to review your recommendations.
3. Summer School Contracts: We also offer contracts for the June and July summer school sessions in May. We will need to finalize the list of recommended summer employees and get the contracts handed out before May 1st and back by May 7th so the board can approve these on May 14th.
4. Staff Resignations: Discuss present openings/ resignations/early retirement requests across the district. Make sure you submit all staff resignations. Current resignations for Board approval in May: Bryan Irsik, Trever Reeh, McKayla Arlt, Sue Steffensmeier
5. New Staff: Make sure you submit your new hire forms so that I can create contracts for board approval on May 14th. Richard Godejohn, Ashley Faltin, Chad Wiseman, Jennifer Hanna,
6. 2018-19 Requisitions: 2018-19 Requisitions final changes are due by Friday, May 18th. Inventory updates due June 1st or prior to checkout for teachers.
7. Professional Files: The teacher professional files must be updated annually. Your Office manager is responsible for keeping these files updated. Building/Program administrators are responsible for assisting the Office Manager in keeping these files current. Also, please make sure your new hire folders have all required documents.
8. 2017-18 Handbook Changes: Begin working with your staff on handbook updates and changes for the 2018-19 school year. These must be ready for board approval in June. Any changes to your handbook to coincide with changes from this legislative session or new policy adoption will need to happen in June.
9. Priority Standards and Proficiency Scales: Dr. Gibbons will provide an update on progress or possible options for reviewing these scales for each building.
10. 2018-19 Opening Workshops: Dr. Gibbons asked to have this item put on the agenda. The tech staff is securing speakers/programs to be included in the school opening workshop schedule.
11. 2018 Strategic Plan: I have updated the 2018 Strategic Plan Document. You can go in and update your progress at this time, set deadlines, add action items, and contribute notes. See 2018 Strategic Plan on the portal.
12. Priority Schools: Dr. Kennedy and her team will be here on Wednesday, May 9th to to present their findings to high school administrators and staff. See discussion points for meetings.
13. Employee Recognition: The board members are meeting on Wednesday morning at 10:00 AM at the SPED Meeting Room to determine 3rd Quarter Outstanding and 2017-18 Outstanding Employees. Principals are to meet with this committee to answer any questions the selection committee may have about these recommendations.
14. SAA Meeting: SAA meeting for next week is scheduled for Friday, May 18th at 10:00. I will host a luncheon that day at my house at noon.
15. Board Committee Meetings: Discuss board committees that need to meet to discuss handbooks, curriculum, etc...
16. Summer Calendar: See attached information