|October 16, 2018 at 9:00 AM - SAA Weekly Meeting|
I. Discussion Items
Respect - Responsibility - Effort
1. Book Review: October 23rd: - Chapter 3 (162-180): Observation and Feedback - Heather Bebout
5. Water Problem at Fisher's: We are working through our options to repair or replace the well at Fisher's. We have moved the students from Fisher's to Richland for the week. Hope to get this repaired and back to normal school by next week. We should know more by the end of the day. Parent-Teacher Conferences for Fisher's students will be held at Richland.
6. Suicide Prevention Requirement: Update on staff progress on completion of the Suicide Prevention Requirement.
7. OCR Review: 2017-18 Civil Rights Data Collection (CRDC), the Advance Website (AWS) will open on Monday, October 1, 2018! Kim Powell is working on the document and will contact you if she needs more information.
8. APL Workshop and Refresher: Update on APL Workshop for new staff and Refresher for veteran teachers.
9. Process Champions Workshop: I visited with Rose Jones from the Flippin Group and we agreed to postpone the Process Champions Workshop to next spring or early summer. She also said we could postpone to the fall if necessary.
10. Strategic Plan Report: I am updating the strategic plan document for 2018. I gave our strategic plan information to representatives from Thoughtexchange and have arranged a time for them to hold an initial discussion with Jeff Droge and myself. I told Jeff that I would wait until after the high school tech fair on Wednesday.
11. Rapid Response: Venuetize (Rapid Response) will conduct training following our meeting on October 16th at 10:00 AM. I have invited district crisis team chairs (Dr. Lefdal, Mrs. Sweeney, Mrs. Kment, Mrs. Riha, and Ms. Rodriguez) to attend as well.
12. Teacher Negotiations: The first negotiations meeting for the 2019-20 Certificated Staff Master Agreement is scheduled for 6:30 PM on October 23rd. They also discuss the 2018-19 teacher's incentive plan. Discussion on any topics you would like the board to consider.
13. October Support Staff Meetings: All meetings for the year are on the superintendent's calendar.
October 24th: Custodial/transportation and Food Service @ SCHS East Gym (2:15 PM)
October 26th: Para/Office Support Staff @ SCHS East Gym (1:45) SES Music Room (2:30)
October 26th: SEA @ Supt. Office 3:15 PM.