|October 25, 2018 at 9:00 AM - SAA Weekly Meeting|
I. Discussion Items
Respect - Responsibility - Effort
1. Book Review: Chapter 3 (162-180): Observation and Feedback - Heather Bebout
5. Water Problem at Fisher's: Students from Fisher's 24 are still attending school at Richland. I think we have the transportation situation resolved. Thanks for your patience as we get bids to dig a new well and move forward to get this back to normal.
6. OCR Review: 2017-18 Civil Rights Data Collection (CRDC), the Advance Website (AWS) will open on Monday, October 1, 2018! Kim Powell is working on the document and will contact you if she needs more information.
7. Teacher Negotiations: The second negotiations meeting for the 2019-20 Certificated Staff Master Agreement is scheduled for 6:30 PM on November 5th. They will also discuss the 2018-19 teacher's incentive plan. Discussion on any topics you would like the board to consider.
8. October Support Staff Meetings: All meetings for the year are on the superintendent's calendar.
October 24th: Custodial/transportation and Food Service @ SCHS East Gym (2:15 PM)
October 26th: Para/Office Support Staff @ SCHS East Gym (1:45) SES Music Room (2:30)
October 26th: SEA @ Supt. Office 3:15 PM.
9. High School Building Projects: The parking project on the east side of the high school is complete except for painting the parking stalls. The maintenance staff also posted the directional signs for one-way entry and exit. The CTE addition and renovation is closing in on completion. We have lighting in the present woods and metal areas, installation of blinds around welding stalls, and a few new pieces of equipment on back order.
Gym/Cafeteria/Fine Arts Center: The RFP for architectural services went out last week. Firms have setup times to tour the facility and review our needs. The building committee will meet in two weeks to review proposals and select the top firms to interview for the project. We hope to have the planning process and proposal to the board of education for their action at the January 2019 school board meeting.
10. Strategic Plan Review: We will review progress on the 2018 strategic plan initiatives. We will need to have this report ready for the board at their regular November school board meeting.