|November 8, 2018 at 9:00 AM - SAA Weekly Meeting|
I. Discussion Items
Respect - Responsibility - Effort
1. Book Review: Chapter 3 (127-161): Observation and Feedback - Stephen Grammer and Jim Kasik
5. Water Problem at Fisher's Update: We contracted with JEO to do the required engineering on our new well at Fisher's 24. At this point, we do have a variance from the State and approval to dig the well in the northwest corner of the property, but do not have approved engineering specifications for the project at this time. We also put out a RFP to Well Companies to bid the digging of a new well and connection to facilities inside the building.
6. OCR Review: 2017-18 Civil Rights Data Collection (CRDC), the Advance Website (AWS) opened on Monday, October 1, 2018! Kim Powell is working on the document and will contact you if she needs more information.
7. Teacher Negotiations: The board of education and Schuyler Education Association have reached a tentative settlement on the 2019-20 Master Contract. I will highlight minutes from our final meeting. If approved by the teachers, this contract will be on the board agenda for approval on Monday's board meeting.
8. Strategic Plan Review: Review the 2018 strategic plan report. In addition, we will be changing our strategic planning process to allow us to expand our connection and engagement of students, staff, parents, community leaders, etc... We have contracted with Thoughtexchange to guide our process, formulate better questions, and improve the focus and impact of this work. We have a team of administrators and tech support scheduled for our first training on Friday morning at 10:00 at the SMS Conference Room. Once we have this process in place, we will begin working with ECRA to identify metrics used to measure impact of our plan, student achievement, progress on strategic initiatives, etc...
9. Health Screens: We will be hosting health screens again on the morning of the strategic planning meeting. The meeting is setup to allow individuals to leave for their screen, and return to give input.
10. Mrs. Burton asked to discuss the following two topics:
A. Absentee/drop student from roll.
B. Process Champions and Capturing Kids Hearts trainings.