|February 24, 2015 at 9:00 AM - SCS Administration Meeting @ SMS Conference Room|
I. Discussion Items
Rationale: 1. Book Review: Chapters 13-20 due today, Chapters 21-28 due next week. We will discuss leadership strategies and professionalism on March 3rd.
2. Calendar: New teachers on August 11th. Teachers opening workshops August 12-14. Students start Monday, August 17th. 17th and 18th are half days. P-T Conference and professional development day in October. Christmas break will be from December 23-January 3rd. We will make changes to the second semester schedule, if necessary, at the completion of this school year.
3. Requisition and Inventory: The COOP requisition catalog will be open on February 23rd. COOP orders will close on March 30th. FMP requisitions (including textbook orders) are due on May 1st. Inventory updates must be completed before releasing staff for the summer.
4. Summer School: June 8-26 and June, July 6-24. 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM and 12:30 to 3:30 ELL/Reading High school June 1-June 25 Monday through Thursday. 8:30 to 11:30 and 12:00 to 3:00.
5. 2015-16 Staffing, schedules, program changes: Please schedule a time with Dr. Hoesing on staffing, schedules, and program changes by March 15th. We have some positions open at this time and will need to begin interviews soon if we plan to replace any of these openings. Requests for early retirement will be presented to the board at their March meeting. We currently have 5 requests for board consideration.
6. Strategic Plan (Action Plans): We have scheduled the first and second Monday of the month for board committees to meet on the strategic planning action plans. See schedule below:
7. Teacher/Admin Evaluation System: Mr. Gibbons is working on a training schedule for administrators. He will provide the update as soon as he gets the training scheduled.
8. April 23-24th Professional Development: Building principals will need to work with Dave Gibbons on the professional development schedule for April 23-24. The middle school has 30 staff members attending NETA through their School Improvement Grant.
9. April 27-28 AQuESTT Conference in Kearney: Mr. Gibbons will be visiting with building principals about the AQuESTT Conference in Kearney. We recommend a building principal and one staff member from each building attend the conference. Please make arrangements through Mr. Gibbons.
10. APL Training Rescheduled Date: We have a tentative reschedule for April 16th. This is not our first choice, but we will need to find an alternative date that works with both of our schedules.
11. Prepared Response: 3 hour training on March 10th at SCHS Library Annex. The training will be from 11:00 to 3:00. First responders will be invited for the first hour and lunch. Building principals and members of the crisis team will continue with additional training from 1:00 to 3:00.
12. Housing Survey: Mr. Pavlik put the survey into infinite campus for certificated staff. We also have a paper copy of the survey for those who need to complete the survey in hard copy. These are due on February 27th.
13. Support Staff Meetings: Maintenance staff meeting at SMS Conference Room on Wednesday at 2:00. Food Service at SCHS Library Annex on Thursday at 2:00. Support staff meetings on Friday at SCHS Library Annex at 1:45 and at SES at 2:45.