|March 3, 2015 at 9:00 AM - SCS Administration Meeting @ SMS Conference Room|
I. Discussion Items
Rationale: 1. Book Review: (Greater Than Yourself) Administrators discussed the main administrative and leadership concepts of the book:
1. Expand Yourself: Learn as much as you can and explore all opportunities to serve others. "Self-expansion is a perpetual enterprise. And because it's the foundation of whatever you do for others, expanding yourself is the furthest thing from selfishness. You expand yourself in order to give yourself to others."
2. Give Yourself: Teach others to carry-on the important work of serving others. "Leave the big-money contributions to the Gates and Buffets of the world. The rest of us can give our talent, time, knowledge, contacts - whatever resources we have - to other worthy people in our lives at work and at home. We can act, instead of just watching others act or hearing about it in the news."
3. Replicate Yourself: The final step is to make yourself less as others become more. This is the most difficult step, as the work you have done to learn more and teach others becomes the foundation for others to carry it on. Your work is multiplied through others. "Pay it forward, and demand that those you teach pay it forward as well."
2. Board Committee Meetings: We met on Monday with Americanism, Governance, and Policy committees. Bldg/Grnds/Transportation will meet at 5:00 on Monday, and Finance will meet following the board meeting.
3. Requisition and Inventory: The COOP requisition catalog will be open on February 23rd. COOP orders will close on March 30th. FMP requisitions (including textbook orders) are due on May 1st. Inventory updates must be completed before releasing staff for the summer.
4. Summer School: June 8-26 and June, July 6-24. 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM and 12:30 to 3:30 ELL/Reading High school June 1-June 25 Monday through Thursday. 8:30 to 11:30 and 12:00 to 3:00. We need to have building principals work with Mr. Gibbons on staffing, programs, etc...We want these contracts to go out to staff by April 1st.
5. April 23-24th Professional Development: Building principals will need to work with Dave Gibbons on the professional development schedule for April 23-24. The middle school has 30 staff members attending NETA through their School Improvement Grant. Do we have any other staff members we are sending. If so, Jeff Droge will have to pay for it from his budget.
6. April 27-28 AQuESTT Conference in Kearney: Mr. Gibbons will be visiting with building principals about the AQuESTT Conference in Kearney. We recommend a building principal and one staff member from each building attend the conference. Please make arrangements through Mr. Gibbons.
7. iObservation Training (Teacher/Admin Evaluation System): Mr. Gibbons is working on a training schedule for administrators. He will provide training at 11:00 at our special programs meeting time.