|March 20, 2015 at 3:00 PM - SEA Monthly Meeting @ Central Office|
I. Discussion Items
Rationale: 1. Budget/Finance: Distributed and reviewed the March Finance Summary Report.
2. School Calendar: Discussed the recommendation for the 2014-15 school year in regards to snow days. At this time, we recommend not making up contract days missed due to inclement weather. We also discussed the importance of staff remembering this in regards to hosting evening or extended day events throughout the school year. We give credit for 2 parent-teacher conferences and the Open-House a the beginning of the school year. Any other evenings worked are considered in our recommendation for excusing inclement weather days.
3. Buildings and Grounds Update: We are working on final plans for the preschool building upgrade. We just received plans approved by the state fire marshal and are working with contractors on the fire escape as well as the 2nd floor remodeling project. We have a tentative bid of $100,000 on the sale of the portable classrooms and will be asking the board to approve the sale in April. The new building project at the middle school is still under development. We are working with our architect on the building design, funding, and communication plan with the community. One option discussed at this time is to ask staff for their support for this project upfront. One of the concerns from our community is the perception that because many of our certificated staff live outside of the community, that we don't support our school. This would provide one more option for us to show the community our commitment to our students, our school, and community. We will work with the Foundation if this capital campaign moves forward this spring.
4. Transportation Update: The board approved the 2015 transportation plan. This plan identified one maintenance van and pickup for replacement. They also recommend buying one more bus, like the bus purchased this school year. We will keep the old bus on our fleet to accommodate the before and after school routes.
5. Requisition/Inventory: Coop orders are due March 30th. Other requisitions are due at the end of April. Inventory updates are due prior to staff leaving for summer break.
6. Staffing/Assignments 2015-16: The building principals are working on staff assignments and schedules for the 2015-16 school year. The movement of administration has allowed us to cut $150,000 in administrative costs by reducing one position and moving two positions to grant/program supported wages. We will also be moving staff members due to grade size fluctuations at the elementary building and reducing some positions vacated by retirement or resignation.