|April 13, 2015 at 2:00 PM - Americanism: Curriculum, Assessment,and Instruction @ SMS Conference Room|
I. Discussion Items
Rationale: 1. Review Strategic Planning Committee Focus.
2. Review FMP Portal. (Curriculum Cycle, Standards)
3. Set next meeting date: May 4th @ 2:30 PM
Academic Programs: (Core Academic, Elective, Fine-Arts, Vocational, Foreign Language, Physical Education)
Target Area Strategies:
1. Develop a textbook cycle and system to coordinate textbook updates.
2. Adopt a new K-5 Language Arts and Writing Program:
3. Develop and implement a system to coordinate curriculum alignment.
4. Develop a professional development system/program (PLC’s) to promote teacher effectiveness, classroom management, and improved student learning.
5. Develop a plan to provide K-8 physical education that promotes skill development, fine and gross motor coordination, and social development.
6. Develop a schedule to provide a greater balance in core and elective programs at SES, Fisher’s and Richland buildings.
7. Develop a plan to provide after-school/summer-school for K-8 students.
8. Provide increased opportunities for advanced and/or high ability learners at all grade levels.
9. Develop a comprehensive 7-12 education plan that increases career awareness, skills, and proficiency in the areas of career and technical education.
10. Reduce class-size at the PK-8 level to increase academic achievement.
11. Provide Math and Reading interventionists (RtI) at SES.
School Activities Program: (Visual &Performing Arts, Athletics, Clubs, Youth Activities Program)
Target Area Strategies:
1. Increase opportunities for elementary and middle school students to participate in physical education and athletic programs.
2. Increase opportunities and prioritize scheduling to accommodate PK-12 students participation in visual and performing arts during the regular school day.
3. Develop a plan to expand youth athletic programs to promote interest, skill development, sportsmanship, teamwork, and knowledge of sport.
4. Develop a plan to increase student participation in athletics and promote program success at the middle and high school levels.
5. Increase student participation in visual & performing arts programs and promote membership in social/service clubs at the middle and high school levels.
6. Promote parent/student/community involvement and attendance at school activities.
1. Hire a K-8 youth programs director to oversee development and coordination of school/community activities. Darin Kovar is assigned to oversee the program for the 2015-16 school year.
2. We just received a grant to employ a community programs recruiter for 10 hours per week.