April 13, 2015 at 9:00 AM - Schuyler Administration Meeting @ SMS Conference Room
I. Discussion Items
Book Discussion: Chapters 9 and 10
April School Board Meeting: Review agenda items.
APL Workshop: Scheduled for 8:00 AM to 3:30 PM on Thursday, April 16th. Total of 62 participants. This workshop is for teachers and administrators.
Summer School Staff/Programs: Update on summer school staffing. Contracts to be approved at the May school board meeting. Student sign-up to begin now.
Board Committee Meetings: Scheduled for Monday, April 13th.
Support Staff Meetings: Maintenance - Wednesday, Food Service Thursday, and Support Staff (Para-Educators and Administrative Assistants Friday.
NeSA Testing: Update on NeSA testing.
Fred Arnold Track Meet and Professional Development Plans: The high school track meet is scheduled for Thursday, April 23rd. Thursday, for those not working the track meet or attending NETA and Friday are scheduled times for professional development. We need to make sure we use this time wisely and with relevance.
2015-16 Program and Staffing changes: Update on 2015-16 programs and staffing changes.
2015-16 Handbook Changes: Begin working with your staff on handbook updates and changes for the 2015-16 school year. These must be ready for board approval in June. Any changes to your handbook to coincide with changes from this legislative session or new policy adoption will need to happen in July, due to the 90 day session.
New Hire Recommendations
1. Jenna Saalfield: 5th Grade Teacher
2. Lauren Burkley: 4th Grade Teacher
3. Tonia Heard: 5th Grade Teacher
4. McKenzie Fricke: 2nd Grade Teacher
5. Crystal Ernst: 4th Grade Teacher
6. Melissa Smith: 1st Grade Teacher
7. Karen Tschida: SES Music Teacher
8. Bryan Irsik: SMS Physical Education Teacher
9. Lewis Evans: SCHS Social Studies Teacher
10. Katherine Bertrand: SCHS Guidance Counselor
11. Kelsey Piper: SCHS Science Teacher
12. Danielle Peckenpaugh: SES Special Education Teacher or Kindergarten