|April 14, 2015 at 11:00 AM - Technology Staff Meeting @ SMS Conference Room|
I. Discussion Items
Rationale: 1. Budget/Finance Report: See attached report.
2. 2015-16 Staff Salaries: The board approved principals, directors, and coordinators' contracts for 2015-16 at their board meeting last night. They will take action on the support staff contracts in May.
3. Tech-it Program: We need to make sure to have staff technology requests come through the Tech-it program. We also discussed the importance of submitting the date of the "fix" to provide us with some data on turnaround time for service. We discussed that staff still wants to email and catch them in person, but the jobs need to be documented for service and program evaluation.
4. Professional Development: We visited about attendance at NETA in Omaha next week. We also visited about 2015-16 professional development ideas. The October P-T Conference times (October 13-15) are set aside for technology programs in conjunction with conferences. We visited about the possibility of parent programs on Tuesday evening, student programs on Wednesday, and Staff programs on Thursday. Dr. Hoesing will send a list of technology presenters to Mr. Droge. The tech team will evaluate presenters at NETA, and collect names of possible presenters in our service unit and area schools.
5. Summer Work Schedule: Cabling will be completed before school starts. Switches, access points, etc... will be ordered in July to be in compliance with the e-rate regulations.
6. NeSA and Maps testing: Testing program has been going pretty well this spring. The technology team has the hardware and programming requirements for the testing programs for next year.