|September 18, 2015 at 3:00 PM - SEA Monthly Meeting @ Supt. Office|
I. Discussion Items
1. Finance/Budget Report: See attached budget and finance reports.
4. Filemaker Portal: In addition to the Requisition/Inventory, we are using Standards and Curriculum Cycle, Tech-it, Voucher, and Purchase order systems. In October, you will need to schedule all transportation and workshop requests on the Vehicle Tracks program.
6. Professional Development: We need to discuss staff use of PTO in conjunction with professional development. In the past, we have had several staff members who choose to use PTO rather than attend professional development. In addition to the increasing numbers is the consistency of the same people electing to not participate in professional development in the district. We really don't want to make this an issue to be resolved in negotiations with the board of education. We have worked hard to provide quality professional development for teachers in this district and need to have everyone involved.
7. Fall Technology Fair: The fall technology fair is scheduled over the Parent-Teacher Conference in October. High school students will be in attendance along side PT Conferences on Wednesday. Staff workshops are scheduled for Thursday, October 15th.
8. Safety Surveys: Your principals have been given the links for safety surveys to be completed by all staff. Please make sure you complete these surveys so that we can get our safety manuals complete and our new wall charts completed.
9. Buildings and Grounds: The preschool project is completed. The Homestead Center is open and we will begin staffing it on Monday. Work on the High School West Lobby and restrooms were completed last summer. We are working on updating the trophy cases and record boards. We held the ground breaking for the new rec. center at the middle school on Wednesday, Sept 16th. Construction should begin by October 1st.
10. Strategic Plan Update: We will be finalizing our progress reports on the district strategic plan during the month of October. We are scheduled to revisit the plan as a staff/community in November.