|October 13, 2015 at 9:00 AM - Schuyler Administration Meeting @ SMS Conference Room|
I. Discussion Items
1. Book Review: Championship Habits- 1 Dan, 2 Stephen, 3 Bill, 4 Darli, 5 Michelle E, 6 Gerry, 7 Michelle B, 8 Dave, 9 Dave, 10 Dan , 11 Darin
Core Soft Skill #18: Demonstrating flexibility and adaptability. Are you able to adapt as well as overcome obstacles in new situations and challenges? Are you open to new ideas and ways of thinking about things?
Core Soft Skill #19: Demonstrating accountability and responsibility for your behavior, attitude, and fate. Do you possess a victim's mentality or an attitude of survivor's pride? Are you capable of an "attitude of gratitude?"
Core Soft Skill #20: Working well under pressure? Can you effectively handle stress and deadlines? Are you capable of being a pinch-hitter and producing your best work?
2. Long-Term Sub Request: We discussed the pros and cons of a district long-term substitute in the district. At this time we are going to manage with our current substitute teacher availability.
3. Teacher Evaluation: Discussion on teacher evaluation training and observations. Discussion on the January 2016 Professional Development Program/Speaker.
4. PLC's and Program Focus: We discussed the feeling of being overwhelmed and a need to refocus our efforts at each building. Mr. Gibbons shared his concern about all the initiatives we have in the district. We agreed that we would review these initiatives in comparison to the items identified in the strategic plan for 2015. See attached information.
5. New Book: School Leadership for Results - Shifting the focus of Leader Evaluation.