skip to main content
 
Download

View Options:

Show Everything
Hide Everything

July 10, 2017 at 7:30 PM - Board of Education Regular Meeting

Minutes
I. CALL TO ORDER FOR REGULAR MEETING
Discussion:  Meeting Called to order at 7:35 PM
I.1. Pledge to the Flag
I.2. Roll Call
Discussion:  All present
I.3. Notification of Open Meetings Law Posting
I.4. Recognition of Recording
I.5. Business Manager's Financial Report
Discussion:  Business Manager Deb Baker reported on the financial reports.
II. CONSENT AGENDA
II.1. Approval of Agenda for July 10, 2017
II.2. Approval of minutes of the June 14, 2017 Meeting
II.3. Claims Payable
II.4. Approval to file financial reports
II.4.a. working Monthly Budget
II.4.b. Monthly Budget of Receipts
II.4.c. Activity Accounts
II.4.d. County Treasurers' Reports
III. RECOGNITION OF VISITORS
IV. REPORTS
IV.1. Technology Innovation Reports from Teachers
Discussion:  No Report
IV.2. Village of Morrill
Discussion:  No Report
IV.3. Student Council-
Discussion:  No Report
IV.4. Curriculum/Americanism:Sherrod, Guerue, Burford
Discussion:  No Report
IV.5. Building/Grounds/Transportation: Sherrod, Stauffer, Steiner
Discussion:  A brief discussion ensued concerning the state of the bus fleet.
IV.6. Finance: Hessler, Guerue, Stauffer
Discussion:  No Report
IV.7. Staff Relations: Sherrod, Burford, Hessler
Discussion:  No Report
IV.8. Morrill School's Foundation: Stauffer, Steiner
Discussion:  No Report
IV.9. Technology Report
Discussion:  No Report
IV.10. Activity Report
Discussion:  Activity Director Josh Guerue reported that the football game scheduled with Creek Valley on September 29th had been replaced with Maxwell.  The YMCA is selling 8 pieces of weight equipment to us for a total of $1,400.00 and the flooring had been shipped.  He thanked Trevor Coxbill with the YMCA for the generous donation.  Josh also updated the Board on his meeting with the insurance adjuster reporting that there is $60,000.00 claim outside of facilities to replace uniforms and equipment.  The new equipment and uniforms have been ordered through our contract with Under Armour.  
IV.11. Secondary Principal's Report
Discussion:  Principal Tom Peacock reported on summer maintenance in the High School Building.  He also stated that there was good attendance at Ron Clark workshop on June 27th.
IV.12. Elementary Principal's Report
Discussion:  Principal Keri Homan gave her report on the Elementary building maintenance and discussed enrollment. 
IV.13. Superintendent's Report
Discussion: 

Superintendent Sherwood spoke about the garage door signs listing Whiting Signs, Kelley Bean, YMCA, Westco and Lashley Trucking as donors who have signs.  He informed the Board that the District offices have moved into the new building and that the Pre K has also moved into their new facilities.  He also told the Board that Torrington Sod farm will deliver 5,000 square feet of Sod on Tuesday morning for the new building.  He reported on the "To Do" list including Health and Human Services Licensing on the Day Care, Amending the Special Building Fund, Flex Funding and installing playground equipment.

V. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
V.1. Report on grant writing efforts for Early Childhood facility
Discussion:  Superintendent Sherwood reported that the District has received donations and grants from Kelley Bean ($10,000.00), Walmart ($2,500.00), Oregon Trail Foundation (3,000.00) and we are waiting to hear from Basin Electric and Amazon.  Sherwood will also ask the Village of Morrill for a donation of Keno Funds at their meeting.  
V.2. Update on Early Childhood facility and program
Discussion:  Superintendent Joe Sherwood reported to the Board that Candace, Roxy, Amanda, and Sorcha have been busy putting the Pre K rooms together.  Rick Sides is building end tables and shelving for storage rooms.  We still need to seed  the grounds and get the fencing up.  Sherwood also advised the Board that we will not be installing a uni-surface on the playground due to budget constraints but will use a soft mulch. Sherwood also told the Board that Monday July 17th from 8-12 the Pre K staff will do a YMCA team building course with Lunch afterwards. 
VI. NEW BUSINESS
VI.1. Consider/possibly approve the Elementary/Secondary Student/Parent Handbooks
Discussion:  Principal Keri Homan presented the 2017-2018 Student/Parent Handbook for Board Review.
VI.2. Consider zSpace renewal agreement
Discussion:  Superintendent Sherwood informed the Board that we had two more years of the three year contract with Z-Space and asked the Board to consider renewal for this year.
VI.3. Consider/possibly approve Rauner & Associates Auditor Agreement
Discussion:  Superintendent Sherwood presented a proposal from Rauner & Associates for the Agreed-Upon Procedures for the 2016-2017 Annual Audit.
VI.4. Consider NRCSA Renewal Agreement
Discussion:  The Board discussed NRCSA membership
VII. Next Regular Meeting Date
VII.1. Regular Meeting Date August 14, 2017 at 7:30 pm in the Early Childhood Meeting Room
VII.2. Set date for Budget Workshop August 28 at 7:00 pm??
Discussion:  The Budget Workshop will be Monday, August 28th at 7:00 PM in the Early Childhood meeting room.
VIII. ADJOURNMENT
Discussion:  Meeting Adjourned at 9:21 PM

<< Back to the Public Page for Morrill Public Schools