|January 24, 2017 at 9:00 AM - Schuyler Administration Meeting @ SPED Office|
I. Discussion Items
Guadalupe and Mike will share the data about SCS SPED testing.
1. Book Review: You will win in the Locker Room First (Chapter 1) (Postponed discussion due to time)
2. 2nd Semester Calendar Amendments: We need to discuss 2nd semester calendar changes to go before the board of education in February.
3. Field House Opening: Please remind elementary students and people working the Field House that elementary students must be accompanied by an adult. 6-12 students must bring their ID's, employees must have their ID's, and patrons/parents must have their activity pass or pay a gate fee. There is no charge for elementary students who are accompanied by adults.
4. 2017-18 Calendar Discussion: Dave Gibbons prepared the first draft of the 2017-18 school calendar. Please review this calendar with your building staff and be ready to discuss changes to the calendar on Tuesay, January 31st prior to the board work session scheduled for 6:00 PM on the 31st.
5. 2017-18 Budget Forecast: We need to move forward with staffing recommendations for the 2017-18 school year. We anticipate needing to hold the line on budgets for next year as several legislative bills are calling for a freeze on spending and/or a freeze on revenue. You need to be aware of this as we move forward in this second semester with purchase orders and requisitions. The easiest cuts come from under spending the current year's budget!
6. 2017-18 Staffing Recommendations: You will need to have your 2017-18 certificated staff recommendations to me reflecting the number of students, grades/subject, staff assignments to me by next Monday, January 20th.
7. 2017 Strategic Action Plans: We will begin the process of identifying the priorities for addressing the strategic plan target goals for 2017. The GRAND DESIGN filemaker program is ready for you to begin inputting your recommendations for board consideration on the 31st.