|January 26, 2017 at 2:00 PM - Food Service Staff @ SCHS Library Annex|
I. Discussion Items
1. January Finance Report: See finance summary provided.
2. 2017-18 Calendar: See attached proposed calendar.
3. Salary/Benefits for 2017-18: There is a change in the health insurance benefit plan for the 2017-18 school year. The deductibles have been increased in our new plan from $900 to $1,000 deductible. We will also offer a high deductible insurance policy with the option of a health care savings plan. All staff will be placed on the on a step for the 2017-18 school year. See support staff salary schedule.
4. Workman's Comp and Safety Training: You are required to complete a minimum of 3 training videos each semester from the EMS safety program. We have had several workman's comp. claims recently and you need to make sure you are taking precaution to protect yourself and others from workplace injury. If there are items that are heavy, you need to break the items down to a manageable size, ask for assistance, and/or wear a belt when lifting or moving these items. If there are spills or water areas, we need to place a caution sign and wipe up the area as soon as possible to avoid unnecessary slips. When coming in from the outside, you need to make sure you are aware of possible ice or water on your shoes before stepping onto a tile floor. While we cannot affect your employment for filing workman's comp. claims, we can review the number and frequency of claims due to lack of caution on your part.
5. 2017-2018 Requisition Timeline: The ESU Coop purchasing program is now open. We no longer want individual teachers ordering general supplies (pens, pencils, paper, etc). Coop orders are due on April 1, 2016. The filemaker requisitions are due May 1st and inventory is due on May 18th.
6. Summer Workforce and vacation leave: If you want to work during the summer months, we will have jobs in food service, maintenance, and summer school classroom para support if you are interested. Remember, you can carry 5 days of vacation to next school year. PTO, however, converts to sick leave if not used and accumulates to a maximum of 50 days.7. Strategic Planning: The board of education is in the process of sorting ideas from parents, community, and staff on the 2017 planning priorities. Please work with Jeff Andel to address concerns and options for food service programs over the next 3 years. These action plan recommendations will be reviewed by the board of education and adopted at their February 13th regular board meeting.