|February 14, 2017 at 9:00 AM - Schuyler Administration Meeting @ SPED Office|
I. Discussion Items
Respect - Responsibility - Effort
1. Book Review: You Win in the Locker Room First: (Chapter 2-3)
2. Mike Goos: Discussion with administrative team about psychology services and expectations for the 2017-2018 school year.
3. Staff Resignations: If you had a staff member resign from your building, you are responsible for getting hiring information to Shelley so my office can advertise the opening. If you choose to move staff within your building to cover the vacancy, you must discuss this with the superintendent before making the transfer. If you have a teacher from another building request consideration for a transfer, you must visit with the current building principal prior to making any commitments to the current employee.
4. Job Descriptions: Our insurance company (EMC) is requesting us to post our job descriptions for all positions in our district. Many of our current job descriptions are outdated or no longer match our current job descriptions. Sally Jakub is working through her files to find any job descriptions that exist in the district. Please check in your office for any job descriptions you may have. We will discuss updating all job descriptions this spring. My goal is to have all job descriptions updated and tied to evaluation instruments for board adoption in June.
5. Immigration: I have had several employees express concern about the impact of possible immigration enforcement in our district. I also have had questions about staff and/or students participating in marches in Omaha or surrounding areas. If the employee has PTO, the must submit their request just like any other PTO request. If parents excuse their children to participate in an event, my recommendation is that we treat it like any other excused event. My understanding is that there is an event planned for Thursday "A Day Without Latinos". Not sure how that will affect our school or just businesses?
6. Strategic Plan: Please review your strategic plan recommendations and discuss these with your staff. Please make sure you are comfortable with the due dates and have some idea of how you are going to show improvement or documentation of completion or progress.
7. Requisitions: The Coop Catalog opens on February 20th. Deadline for Coop orders is April 1st. NO EXCEPTIONS. You will have one week to review after April 1st. Superintendent's office staff will have one week to review and aggregate the orders after that.
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!