|April 24, 2017 at 9:00 AM - Schuyler Administration Meeting @ SPED Office|
I. Discussion Items
Respect - Responsibility - Effort
Book Review: "Hide Your Goat" (Chapter 4)
1. 2017-18 Requisitions: The 2017-18 general requisitions on filemaker are due by May 1st.
2. New Hires and Resignations: Please make sure to submit resignations and new hire recommendations as soon as you get them. We currently have two high school positions open, (Science and Spanish) but may be able to fill those within depending on applications.
3. Extra-Duty Contracts: Extra-duty contracts are approved on May 8th. Activities Directors are responsible for working with the Superintendent on these assignments. AD's are to work with building principals on all extra-duty assignments including non-athletic extra-duty assignments. AD's need to meet with Dr. Hoesing this week to review recommendations for board approval.
4. Support Staff Contracts: Support staff contracts are approved by the board in their meeting on May 8th. As we progress in our certified staff hiring process, we will be discussing support staff assignments in your building and any changes to your staffing needs within your building.
5. APL Training: Review APL coaches, para educator, and teacher refresher training.6. Spring NeSA Testing Schedule: Mr. Gibbons will work with building principals on the spring testing schedule.
7. Professional Files: The teacher professional files must be updated annually. Your Office manager is responsible for keeping these files updated. Building/Program administrators are responsible for assisting the Office Manager in keeping these files current. Also, please make sure your new hire folders have all required documents.
10. 2017-18 Handbook Changes: Begin working with your staff on handbook updates and changes for the 2017-18 school year. These must be ready for board approval in June. Any changes to your handbook to coincide with changes from this legislative session or new policy adoption will need to happen in July, due to the 90 day session.