|December 18, 2017 at 8:30 AM - SAA Weekly Meeting|
I. Discussion Items
Respect - Responsibility - Effort
1. Book Review: "Tribes" Pages 96-108.
2. Strategic Planning Update: Review recommendations for 2018 action plans. Please take the area you were responsible for and set up a time to formalize your recommendations. If there is an area that involves your staff/building, please make sure you contact the administrator responsible for making completing the action plans for submission for board approval. Action plan recommendations must be finalized prior to the end of the semester.
3. 2018-19 Calendar: I met with SEA on December 15th to review their calendar recommendations for the 2018-19 school year. See updated calendar proposal.
4. First Semester Teacher Evaluations: All probationary teachers must have a formal observation (entire class) completed during the first semester. Please make sure you have these completed and submitted prior to Christmas break. Also, if you have any teachers who you are putting on an improvement plan, this needs to be completed ASAP. Make sure the improvement plan includes documentation, that if completed, provides you the documentation and confidence in extending their contract for the 2018-19 school year.
5. Early Retirement Eligibility: Early retirement meeting is today at 4:00 at SCHS Library Annex. This is an optional meeting for all teachers 55 or older.
6. Gallup Clifton Strengths: Please make sure all of your building staff completes the survey prior to Christmas break.
7. School Improvement Visitation: Mr. Gibbons and I visited with the external team chair about the upcoming visitation.