|January 9, 2018 at 9:30 AM - SAA Weekly Meeting|
I. Discussion Items
Respect - Responsibility - Effort
1. Book Review: "Strengths Based Leadership" assign reading/teaching responsibilities.
2. Command Manual: Review protocol in the Emergency Preparedness Command Manual.
3. Community Leaders Meeting: The community Leaders meeting is scheduled for 5:30 PM on Monday, January 22, 2018 at the high school music room.
4. 2018-19 Calendar: I met with SEA on December 15th to review their calendar recommendations for the 2018-19 school year. I also met with the tech staff on the SEA's recommendations and have updated the proposed calendar to reflect their ideas. We will review these recommended changes and I will meet with the SEA once more in January before presenting it to the board committee in February.
5. Staff Resignations: Following the January board meeting we will post openings created by staff resignations and/or retirements.
6. Strategic Planning Draft: Review 2018 strategic planning draft and action plan recommendations.
7. School Improvement Visitation: Update from Dr. Gibbons concerning each of our roles and schedule for the upcoming Advanced Ed. Visitation.
8. Board Meeting Reports: Please make sure you send or attach your board reports for the January Board Meeting by the end of the day on Wednesday!
9. 2018-19 Teacher/Program Needs: Staffing needs for 2018-19 will need to be completed and submitted to me by February 1st. Please focus on your teacher needs at this time. We will address support staff needs by March 1st.
10. Support Staff Monthly Meetings: See the district meeting site for the January support staff and SEA meeting schedule.
11. Principals/Director Salary Considerations: The board of education will be acting on administrators 2018-19 salaries in January and will take formal action on your contracts in February. Please complete your review of array salaries and submit your review to me as soon as possible. Make sure you pass the book on to the next administrator as soon as you are finished with your review.