|January 16, 2018 at 9:30 AM - SAA Weekly Meeting|
I. Discussion Items
Respect - Responsibility - Effort
1. Book Review: "Strengths Based Leadership"
2. Finance/Budget Review: NDE just released the first round of state aid for the 2018-19 school year based on current finance law. I forwarded you the release information which shows a current aid increase of almost $400,000. The legislature will propose legislation around tax reform which will influence state aid to public schools. I will keep you informed as this legislative session progresses.
3. Community Leaders Meeting: The community Leaders meeting is scheduled for 5:30 PM on Monday, January 22, 2018 at the high school music room.
4. 2018-19 Calendar: Please review recommended changes to the 2018-19 school calendar. I will meet with SEA Reps on February 2nd for their final input and the board committee will meet on Monday, February 5th. The 2018-19 school calendar will be approved by the board in their meeting on February 12th.
5. Staff Resignations: Following the January board meeting we will post openings created by staff resignations and/or retirements. Please get your job descriptions for posting to Shelley. When we get enough to advertise in the Omaha World Hearald, we will let you know.
6. Strategic Planning Draft: Review 2018 strategic planning draft and action plan recommendations. Also, see the board of education code of ethics and board committee responsibilities as presented at the January Board Meeting.
7. School Improvement Visitation: Update from Dr. Gibbons concerning each of our roles and schedule for the upcoming Advanced Ed. Visitation.
9. 2018-19 Teacher/Program Needs: Staffing needs for 2018-19 will need to be completed and submitted to me by February 1st. Please focus on your teacher needs at this time. We will address support staff needs by March 1st.
10. Support Staff Monthly Meetings: See the district meeting site for the January support staff and SEA meeting schedule.
11. Principals/Director Salary Considerations: The board of education will be acting on administrators 2018-19 salaries in January and will take formal action on your contracts in February. Thank you for completing your review of array salaries. I will schedule a time to visit with you once I complete the study.