March 15, 2018 at 2:00 PM - Transportation/Maintenance/Food Service Staff
I. Discussion Items
1. Budget and Finance: See enclosed finance report.
2. Food Service: Jaime has been working to schedule training for your principals on the "Smarter Lunchrooms" evaluation form. We hope to be able to do 2 of these evaluations this spring.
3. Summer Employment: We will have many opportunities for support staff to be considered for summer employment in custodial, food service, and each of the summer sessions. See Dr. Gibbons if you want to be considered for summer employment.
4. 2018-19 Contracts: The board of education is reviewing the support staff salary schedule and support staff contracts for the 2018-19 school year. We are asking for a representative from each of the support staff areas to review the salary comparisons from area schools and make recommendations for changes to the current salary schedule. The board's finance committee will finalize any changes to this schedule and will take action on support staff contracts in May.
5. Requisitions/Inventory: COOP Requisitions are due on April 1st. Other requisitions are due May 1st, and inventory must be updated before June 1st.
6. Workman's Comp Requirements: Remember, you are required to complete 3 professional development videos. Please see Dr. Gibbons if you have any questions or need help accessing the programs.
7. Building/Summer Projects: The board will approve the building and grounds proposal for 2018. Ron Mundil has been working with outside vendors and contractors to schedule the work. See attachments: Buildings and Grounds, Vehicle Replacement, and Large Equipment Replacement
8. High School Vocational Ag/ITE Addition: The board of education is accepting bids for a Vocational Ag. and Industrial Tech lab. The proposed addition will be west of the Ag. shop and connected to the ITE lab. The new addition will be 28 x 75. We will take the east 40 feet of the current Ag shop for a new art room. The present art room will be available for an additional science room in 2019-20.