Respect - Responsibility - Effort
1. Book Review: (Leverage Leadership 2.0) (Introduction: Dr. Hoesing)
Update on Strength Based Leadership (Mrs. Burton and Mr. Zavadil)
2. Lunch Program: Senator Walz requested each building to respond to her request inquiring current practice in your building for dealing with negative lunch balances. Send your response to me and I will present one district response. Also, please review your student lunch accounts and clean-up any balances remaining from the 2017-18 school year. As of September 1st, all negative lunch balances remaining from 2017-18 for free/reduced lunches will be eliminated.
3. Attendance and Tardies: Attendance is an administrative issue. We currently track student absences and work with Sidnee at SMS/SCHS on working with families to make sure they stay in compliance with state law (5 absences per quarter). Tardies on the other hand are teacher issues. You track tardies in the office, but administration must work with teachers to reduce the number of tardies.
5. Parent Request for Bus Service: A committee of school board members will meet with parents from Lonnie's Trailer Court to consider expanding morning and afternoon bus service to residents of the trailer court. The meeting is scheduled for 6:30 PM at the SCHS music room.
6. September District Program Meetings:
Sept. 26th: Custodial/transportation @ SCHS East Gym (2:15 PM)
Sept 26th: Food Service Staff @ SCHS East Gym (2:15 PM)
Sept 28th: Para/Office Support Staff @ SCHS East Gym (2:00) SES Music Room (3:00)
__________: SEA @ Supt. Office _________. Need to discuss a time that does not conflict with your PLC's.
7. Teacher Evaluation Instrument: We need to send our new iObservation evaluation system to NDE for approval. Once approved, the board of education must approve any changes or updates to our present evaluation system. I would like to present the updated iObservation instrument for board approval on September 17th.
8. Upcoming School Board Meetings: 6:30 PM
August 27: Final board meeting of the year and budget workshop.
September 17: Budget workshop and regular school board meeting.
8. Schuyler Community Schools Job Descriptions: I am working with our school attorney to update our present job descriptions. I had to send out an email with the job descriptions. If you have a job in your building that does not match the job descriptions as provided, please see me ASAP. These will need to be sent to our attorney and they will update the new position. We want to have these approved by the board of education at their October board meeting.
9. Safety Update: Lynn is the SCHS rep, Paula is the SMS rep, and SES reps are Meridith and Ingrid. We may need to order more emergency wall flip charts. If you have any extra flip charts please let your building rep know and they will work with me on additional wall charts if you need them. I am working to schedule Nesbitt and Associates is to schedule the required safety inspection within the next month or so. I will be scheduling a training in September for all administrators and guidance counselors on reviewing and updating our safety protocol and community response system. I would like to schedule it to follow our SAA meeting.
10. Rule 10 Requirements: Attached are the Rule 10 requirements for 2018-19. See attached information for you to follow when completing your building report. Building reports are due to the superintendent by October 1st.