1. Book Review: Chapter 1: Data Driven Instruction - Dr. Gibbons (New schedule is attached).
2. Essential Elements Quick Reference Guide: Dr. Gibbons distributed the updated essential elements reference guide last week. We will discuss the elements outlined in the reference guide and its connection to professional development and our teacher/administrator evaluation systems.
3. Assessment System Guidebook: Dr. Gibbons also distributed the district's proposal for the Schuyler Community Schools Assessment Program. We need to provide feedback, share additional questions and concerns, agree on recommendation and commitment to the process and timeline.
4. High School Teacher Training Video: The link included below is a video of the high school teacher training session on October 5th. Thank you to Mr. Grammer and Mr. Kasik for doing this training. Copy the link and paste it to access the video. https://www.smore.com/t049d
5. Rapid Response: Venuetize (Rapid Response) will conduct training following our meeting on October 16th at 10:00 AM. I have invited district crisis team chairs (Dr. Lefdal, Mrs. Sweeney, Mrs. Kment, Mrs. Riha, and Ms. Rodriguez) to attend as well.
6. First Quarter Outstanding Staff: Nominations for first quarter "Outstanding" techer, para-educator, and support staff are due on October 23rd. Please make sure your building employees are represented in this nomination process. Representatives from the Foundation and Chamber of Commerce will meet with building administrators sometime in November, following an administrative (SAA) meeting. Staff will be recognized on Wednesday, November 21st.
7. October Parent-Teacher Conferences: Scheduled for October 18th from 8:00 to 9:00. Principals are responsible for working with food service on cookies for conferences. Lunch and supper are on your own.
8. Para-Educator Conference: (Reminder) Para-Educators attending the para-educator conference in Kearney are entitled to an 8 hour work-day. This includes travel and conference time.
9. Finance Code Update: Attached below is the updated program/object/building codes. Beginning this year, we are required to include all three codes on your purchases. If you have any questions or can't find a code that matches your purchase, contact Penny and she will coach you on this. If there are additional codes needed, we will update this form accordingly. See attachment below.
10. Suicide Prevention Requirement: State Law requires all employees to participate in Suicide Prevention Training. We have several people on the list who completed the training but are still showing up as incomplete. The tech department will follow-up and let you know if you still have staff needing to complete the on-line training program.
11. OCR Review: 2017-18 Civil Rights Data Collection (CRDC), the Advance Website (AWS) will open on Monday, October 1, 2018! Kim Powell is working on the document and will contact you if she needs more information.
12. Process Champions Workshop: I will be meeting with the Flippin Group this week to finalize dates for the Process Champions Training. They suggested November 26-27. They can host up to 30 workshop participants. With this in mind, we might want to consider hosting this workshop in May or just prior to the start of school.
13. Strategic Plan Report: Action Plan updates are due today! I will work with Thoughtexchange this week on coordinating the communication stream for receiving staff/parent/community input on our 2019 strategic planning process.
14. October Support Staff Meetings: All meetings for the year are on the superintendent's calendar. October 24th: Custodial/transportation @ SCHS East Gym (2:15 PM) October 24h: Food Service Staff @ SCHS East Gym (2:15 PM) October 26th: Para/Office Support Staff @ SCHS East Gym (1:45) SES Music Room (2:30)
October 26th: SEA @ Supt. Office 3:15 PM.